Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Organized Peace - 6

I learned something new today concerning this concept of 'organized' and 'Peace'. (I have the words separated - for a reason.)

I have been challenged at times with a friend. Today I was impressed that she has (or is) 'organized' 'chaos'. My first impression when that thought first flitted through my mind was "What"? How could that even be a possibility? But the more I have thought about it the more I realize it is not only possible but so. Another word in the KJV Bible for chaos is 'Babylon' - 'babel' - confusion. Those words, however, don't usually denote 'organization'. But the more I have been learning about counterfeit forms the more I realize that organized confusion is one of Satan's hallmarks, so to speak. The more he can get people 'pitted' against each other, the more he can get people to argue, complain, criticize, etc. the more confusion there is. And sad to say, I believe that is one of Satan's forms of organization most often based on fear of any or all kinds.

Back to 'organized' when it relates to 'peace'. God's form of organization brings people into a unified harmony baptized in love. The more we experience God's love to us and in us the more we long to come into harmony with others in the family of God. That can then lead to the kind of peace I am looking for - a deep abiding, confiding, trusting rest experience in the presence of one you KNOW loves for you to be with them. One who considers you to be special to them.

Now, I have been searching for that kind of peace and learning about it more recently. But as I thought about it today I realized that one area of great weakness in my life has been certain areas of 'organization'. And lately I believe that is where the devil has been attempting to 'trip me up'. He full well knows that when proper 'organization' and God's form of 'peace' unite, his power in a person's life is broken, particularly when the JOY of the Lord is their strength. Therefore he has been attempting to take just one part of the puzzle piece out, 'so to speak' and in my case at present I think that may well be 'organization'.

I am not looking for the kind of organization that is 'canned'. Do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that. The kind I am looking for is again based in love. Jesus said "If you love me, keep my commandments" James called it the 'law of liberty'. Law is a form of organization. Makes sense.

It is getting late and I must rest.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

I hope I'm not the 'organized choas' friend... (Smile) I give you credit for being so open-minded to learning new things.

I cringe from people who are critical of me! Perhaps that is MY downfall. It keeps me from being a better person.

It made me feel good to read your words... "God's form of organization brings people into a unified harmony baptized in love. The more we experience God's love to us and in us the more we long to come into harmony with others in the family of God."

I think my expectations of this kind of love include everyone. Family. Friends. Co-workers and those we meet on the street. Not everyone agrees with me on this. And, my high expectations have often brought heartache and disappointment.

~Linda