Monday, March 19, 2007

Organized Peace - 2

This week has been interesting thus far. During recent past it has seemed that activities were ever increasing in 'speed' even from week to week. And in one respect they have. On the other hand, however, I was recently reminded that not every request need be accepted. A few nights ago (that seems to be the usual time for the following to happen) my son and I had a rather long, though casual at times, talk. We meandered around a lot but toward the end he mentioned that I had not been home very often in the mornings. (That was pretty much the case.) He didn't want someone to 'nag' him but he was wondering if maybe I could give him some encouragement in getting going, as needed.

It is only fair that particularly family should be able to benefit from organized peace. So after thinking about his thoughts I began to tell friends and acquaintances that I would no longer be available before 10 a.m. For me that, I believe, is a step toward better organized peace.

My hubby and I have also been working toward getting time to read together on a more consistant basis in the evenings.

A friend, who has been a very big help to me as well, has been encouraging me in making this and other decisions along these lines. Even though she has been needing help she has been giving me counsel to guide me in getting better organized to bring more peace to my life.

Organization done just for the sake of a schedule may not bring peace, but without some form of organization there won't be real peace either.

More on this topic later, as I continue learning in the school tutored by the "Prince of Peace".

Just remember, the God of Peace is also One who will enable you to have His peace in such a way so others can come into harmony with your Peace - which is what proper organization can accomplish.

Learning more about PEACE.

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Saying yes to ourselves if the hardest part. Someone once told me that everytime we say "yes" to one thing, we are saying "no" to something else and we should think about what that is. (It's usually ourselves.)

Even knowing that, I still say "yes" way too often!