Monday, March 26, 2007

Organized Peace - 5

I think today's experience has been more focused on the organized part than the peace, although both were involved.

There has been a situation 'brewing' for some months now. I had volunteered to help a friend with her cattery because she had broken her leg in December. The Lord has taught me much through this experience. Recently, however, I have been getting busier and busier (at least it sounds like a good excuse) and consequently I have had less time to work at the cattery. I think I have also been in a mental battle concerning the 'job' also which hasn't been beneficial as far as always getting the job done in a timely manner. Anyway, last week the situation deteriorated. The cats were fed and watered on a regular basis but that was all. When I would 'get home' around 8 or so I just couldn't make me go out to the cattery for a big cleaning job.

Well, Sunday my husband and I tackled the 'giant' head on. Starting around 9 a.m. we worked until around 5 p.m. (with an hour off for lunch) to do as deep a cleaning as we knew how inside the cattery. When we finished (with a few more finishing touches added Monday) I felt good about our progress. I also found out Monday that not everyone looked upon our 'giant slaying' project as we did for we were informed that we had not done the job 'good enough' to suit the 'owner'. I also found out that I could 'quit' - which I did, as gracefully as I knew how.

Our friend is getting around now even though she is yet 'slow'. As we finished our cleaning job we put the water containers where she could fill them with a hose even from outside the the cat runs. We put the food containers where she could be easily reach them from inside the cattery. Last of all I put my letter of resignation in her mailbox.

It feels good.

Peace may not be all feeling but it sure is nice when feelings are included.

I have another 'giant' to tackle but I think I'll wait until tomorrow (although I have already been organizing my attack strategy tonight).

Bringer of peace.

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

It makes you wonder what people are thinking when they don't appreciate the good things one tries to do for them. I ask myself, "Who gave you the right to be so critical and hurtful?" I'll be posting a story tonight or tomorrow about a like experience I had on my last official day at the nursing home today. Some people at work called it a "cat fight' between me and another nurse. I thought of you and "peace at all costs" and decided this wasn't one of those times. I'm still shaking my head at why and how people can be so cruel. Keep strong.
Love, Linda