Monday, March 5, 2007

Offering PEACE

I have shared a bit in recent blogs a little of what has been happening here but it seems that my learning curve hasn't quite caught up with current events. One area of life I seem to be learning a lot in is relationships. As you read the following please keep in mind that a person cannot experience 'true peace' until two minds are in harmony - synchronized. In response to this understanding of peace this question has been bobbing around in my mind, "What happens if another mind does not accept my offer to come into unity?" I thought I was offering Peace to another person but it seemed to me that they would respond with a totally different 'response' or perhaps I might be more accurate to say a different 'offer'. Then at times it seemed also others would out and out 'reject' my offer. I was sharing with my sister about this and she said "that is the law of contracts." The more I have thought about it the more sense it makes. Let me see if I can make what I have been learning 'simple'.



I offer to come into harmony with another mind with the intent of sharing in a JOY/PEACE experience. According to what I currently understand they can have one of three responses.



1. The other mind can accept my 'peace offer'. That will lead to a JOY/PEACE experience.

2. The other mind can reject my 'peace offer'. That will terminate the present JOY/PEACE experience potential.


3. The other mind can 'counter offer'. They may not want 'my offer' as is but will offer something else in its place. 'Counter offers' will continue until one of the minds either accepts or rejects.

One way a person can accept a 'counter offer' is to 'respond in kind'. Example: I offer peace to another mind. They respond with an angry 'offer'. I respond in anger. Not only have I accepted their offer but the spirit of anger has come from them in to me and takes control of my mind. A person can be angry and sin not but to accept 'anger' as a counter offer allows the spirit of anger to be in control instead of the spirit of peace.
If instead of responding in anger I 'counter offer' with another 'peace offer' I do not imbibe in the spirit of anger even if it was offered to me. THIS IS KEY in relationships.

Understanding the above has been helping me considerably. I had previously taken it very seriously when someone would reject or even 'counter' offer. I even believe some of my problems here have been made 'bigger' because I did not understand the 'law of contracts' type of dealing.



Just today my friend, the cat lady and I had a real nice talk together. I really think one of my challenges in my relations with her previously have been because I didn't always understand or apply the above. Realizing that she may 'counter offer' - and has often done so - but I can 'counter offer' in return as many times as necessary and not have to get up tight is, I believe very important for me to remember.

Now, I need to learn how many ways I can offer 'Peace' and 'Joy' so I don't run out of counter offers.

Offering you God's PEACE

Maiden, Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Olive, this message has so much meaning for me today as I've been struggling to 'make peace" with a co-worker. (She's stuck in the angry phase.) I'll be writing about it on my web site later today. I've never heard of the contract idea or the counter offer, but WOW does it make good sense! I hope you don't mind if I make a referrence to your blogsite as I write. (It's called a 'shout-out' on the world-wide web.)
Take Care on the Journey. ~Linda