Sunday, October 28, 2007

Attacks on Peace

What a day! From attempting to encourage my friend to directing the movers where to put my friends furniture and other goods in her new place to having a delicious dinner preparatory to getting chewed out for various alleged misdemeanors over who knows how long a length of time.
Well, that last one may be a play on words but for a while it still felt that way. It seemed to me that my motives were totally suspect, my words were much misunderstood and my actions didn't seem to be comprehended. I was compared to a number of people I know who don't have a very good reputation for doing things properly, for being stubbern, for not cooperating, etc.
After that situation seemed to calm down I was still trying to analyze what had really happened.
I have come to one conclusion. The devil was after me.

Having said that may I hasten to add that God is not only coming after me but He is also in front of me and surrounding me. I have not always fully understood what He is doing in my life but I know I am choosing to have Him in full control of me.

It wasn't the people who were saying the words that were really after me. The Bible says we don't fight against 'flesh and blood', but rather against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I am so thankful that God keeps reminding me that not only are my human friends and others not my enemies but that He, God, has already defeated 'our' enemy.

I am tired this evening so will close with the following thought. May the God of peace keep you in His love.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: