Monday, October 8, 2007

Word picture of a Peace based relationship

One of my early recollections is learning to say Psalm 23 from a very pretty poster. My mother had one for Psalm 23, Psalm 1 and the Ten Commandments. (There may have been others but those are the ones I remember.)
I remembered learning them but I couldn't recall them in later years by memory (until I learned them to music which seems to do a much better job of recall).

Anyway, as I have mentioned before, I have been 'unpacking' portions of scripture using the Bible and Strong's concordance and asking the Holy Spirit for wisdom to the meaning for me.

Psalm 22 was much longer and took quite a bit of time. This weekend I put Psalm 22 into my own words and posted it on the paraphrase site. Today I decided to 'review' Psalm 23, even though it was much more familiar to me.

There may not have been as many surprises because I was more aquainted with it but I still found it very interesting. Since it is short I am including it here as well as in the paraphrases link.

Somehow I like that word 'celebration' to describe the sentiments of this scripture. May God's peace flow in to your heart as you partake of His spirit in a deeper way while reading Psalm 23.

Bringer of Peace

A musical celebration using voice and instrument, written by David.
Since I am being taken care of by the Self-Existent One, I lack nothing. He leads me to repose and rest in lovely, beautiful places: He enables me to run with a sparkle upwards to peaceful refreshment. He restores my vitality: He conducts me with delight to prosperous areas because of who He is and because He is paying attention to me. Even when I experience calamity, I won't be afraid of being broken for You are with me - You guide, protect and console me. You take care of me, even in the presence of those who are against me. You satisfy me with more than enough. Joyful favor and beautiful kindness will revive and refresh me and I will be permanently married into the family of God.

No comments: