Saturday, October 27, 2007

Peace in Time

What a blessed day. Yesterday was one busy day. Today - ahh - is the blessedness of God's wonderful Sabbath rest. Yes, today I can set aside - by divine permission and encouragement - all my concerns, all my frustrations, all my cares and even all my exertions. Today I have the extra time (by removing the 'all' list mentioned above) to focus on my wonderful Creator Lover. Wow!
And that effort to focus more fully on my loving Father in heaven for a whole day not only gives me JOY but strength comes as well (the Joy of the Lord is your strength).
This seventh- day of the week, called Sabbath by my Creator, I have spent some time focusing particularly on Psalm 28. It was like a love letter to me.
I'm putting it on my paraphrase site but it is so good I'm going to share it here also.

1. Written by David. I earnestly address You by name, O Self-Existent One (who is also my refuge). Don't ignore me or leave me alone. If you don't listen to me I will become like those who fall into a prison like pit.
2. Listen carefully to my earnest petitions to You to free me from trouble as I lift my open hands toward Your holy place showing my earnest desire for Your direction in my life.
3. Don't allow me to closely associate with those who work to cause trouble. Outwardly they act and talk friendly to people while inwardly they plan mischief and evil against them.
4 -5. Give these people who try to spoil and hurt others what they deserve. Because they don't accept the Creator's authority may He disconnect His life from them and let them die.
6. I kneel and adore the Creator because He has intelligently listened to me.
7. Trusting the Lord who surrounds and protects me makes me jump for joy, sing and raise my hands to Him in loving worship.
8. The same, majestic, Self-Existent One who frees and protects us also fortifies and defends Messiah.
9. Keep safe those who trust You and speak good to those who accept your authority. Take care of them and bring them into your loving presence forever.

I suppose it has special meaning to me due in part to the immediate situation in my life which is how m heavenly Lover often speaks to me - directing me to something in the Bible that is applicable to the situation I am currently in.


During the remaining hours of this 'Peace in Time' seventh day Sabbath I plan to take in more of the JOY of the Lord which is my strengh and bathe more in His Peace which passes all understanding. If anyone reading this has not already experienced this tremendous blessing which the Bible calls Sabbath I invite you too. It is definitely worth your efforts.

Bringer of Peace





No comments: