Sunday, October 7, 2007

A new Week

Another week, another opportunity to grow in Jesus who is the Prince of Peace.
I managed to get to my children's class at church this weekend. I didn't really 'feel' ready but I was determined to do the best I could which I did. God was merciful and due to an unforseen set of circumstances the church didn't have water. It was decided, mainly for the children's sake, that church would be held early and people could go home early.
We had about a 15 minute class during which I attempted to 'sing' one song :(
Fortunately the children 'knew' the song pretty good and were able to follow the pictures.
So, after another short 'spoken' presentation with pictures, we went for church.

After church it was found out the some 'points' in the pump system were burned. By next week everything should be 'working' and I hope my voice will be too.

Before the weekend I had taken a friend shopping. When we arrived at the checkout it was discovered that her purse had been stolen - including a brand new credit card. She was in tears (I don't blame her) and we ended up just going home so she could report the theft as soon as possible. Later in the evening, when my husband found out what had happened he suggested to go back and pay for her groceries for her. When she realized what he had done she was again in tears but this time for joy.

Since we were on our way to our son's 21st birthday celebration we couldn't stay around long. The next day, however, when she called me, she thanked us again and told me that we had helped restore her faith in God - Praise the Lord.

Somehow, that kind of an appreciation gives an inner peace, knowing we have helped the Lord.

Yet, through all of this and much more, the Lord is showing how to stay in His peace.

May you learn more of God's peace and experience more of it as well.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: