Saturday, October 13, 2007

Leading to Peace

God's plan for me was and is that I 'stay' in His peace. But because of choices I've made to 'disconnect' from God's will for me I have not always 'been in peace' - God's peace.

This morning I have been unpacking Psalm 25. The first few verses have been giving me thoughts along this topic.

I come close to You, Creator God. 2. I find refuge in You - Almighty and Supreme. Don't let me pale in embarrassment and don't let those who hate me gloat over me. 3. Don't let anyone who is connected to you be embarrassed. Rather, let them be embarrassed who cover up their wrongs. 4. Enable me to KNOW Your course of life for me and entice me with Your incentives to keep me in Your will, O Self-Existent One.

God is in the business of drawing me closer and closer to Him. This, of course, draws me closer to His will, including His Peace in me.

Today is special for me. I have the privilege of laying aside my everyday cares, concerns and even work to spend special time with the Creator God of the Universe by His express request. It still seems awesome to me that God should be so interested in me personally to give me such an invitation, but I'm very happy to take it and definitely profit by my special time with Him.

Feel free to join me, for the invitation has been personally extended to you as well.

May God give you His peace in a very special way today - God's seventh-day Sabbath.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: