Thursday, October 11, 2007

Heart Peace

The only real peace is that which is in one's heart. The word is used otherwise, such as a peaceful scene, peace on earth, etc. but true peace comes from the inside. That is why when Jesus said 'Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you', He added 'let not your heart be troubled'.

Circumstances and experiences can lead one to understand true peace better but they do not either give peace or take it away.

The real basis for true peace comes from 'who I know'. One of Jesus' other names is Prince of Peace. Yet just being 'around' Jesus does not assure me of Peace. Judas spend somewhere around 3 years in close connection with Jesus but he sure didn't end up with true peace.

This morning I read the illustration of a graft. Until the branch that is being grafted in to the root stalk fully connects to the point where the sap and nutrition from the roots begin to flow into it, it may still be 'bound' to the root stalk but the connection is 'useless'.

So it is with me. I may talk about Jesus, I may study about Jesus, I may even 'act' like Jesus, but until I receive a constant flow of nourishment from Jesus, I don't have His peace - and JOY!

I'm learning.

May the God of Peace continue to teach you how to get that 'living' connection into His peace.

Bringer of Peace.