Sunday, March 30, 2008

Slowing down a bit

Our son had a hard time about two weeks ago with his stomach. Last night I ended up losing my last two meals or so myself. We thought at first that our son had eaten something that had caused it but I now wonder if it is more like some' bug' or such. I haven't felt bad today but I have felt like I was in 'granny gear' a good share of the day. We had baked potatoes for lunch and so far my stomach has been ok for which I have been grateful. After a little supper this evening I actually feel like I am getting into one small gear 'faster'. Maybe by tomorrow I will be a little more back to my regular self.

We had all kinds of things we wanted to do today. Friday we found a leak in a pipe under the main bathroom. Duane was able to get that fixed today for which I was grateful. There was a plastic T in one of the hot water lines that must have frozen and developed a hairline crack. That was enough for the water to be spraying out onto the ground. Beings we are on a well we are not keen on water leaks. I think it is now fixed by hubby, for which I am grateful.

We finally got some tires for the Toyota, but Carl thinks there is something still wrong. He drove it home and said there are some strange noises. Guess we will check it out tomorrow.

We had hoped to get a few things done for Sabbath School class room but that didn't 'happen' -yet anyway. There is a cabinet that I want to begin using next week but it needs wheels. We found some in town but it is too late today to begin that project.

Spring is trying to spring, but today there was ice in the air. We were able to get some things sorted in the shop - but there is so much more to do on that project as well.

I didn't get up and going until near 10 a.m. because of how I had felt during the night. My hubby was up early and got quite a bit done before I even 'opened my eyes'. I've got a very special hubby to say the least and I am proud of him. He is getting ready now to go put a cap on a drain under the main bathroom. For some reason a drain pipe had been left open when we were working on the bathroom recently so all the water was simply running out on the ground from the sink. We didn't have the right kind of cap so had to go buy one - so my hubby could put it on now.

Sometimes slowing down is quite so bad. On the other hand there are so many things that need to be done I sometimes wonder if I will ever get 'caught up'.

It is nearing the end of another day. May God's peace flow out in such a way that even as you read this blog you will sense that God is not dependent on what happens. God is looking for people who are looking to Him for His kind of peace. May you receive a double portion of God's peace just now.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: