Saturday, March 29, 2008

Peace - result of cleansing

My hubby was reading from a book on the life of Christ and I was very impressed with the following thoughts.

"In the time of John the Baptist, Christ was about to appear as the Revealer of the character of God. His very presence would make manifest to men their sin. Only as they were willing to be purged from sin could they come into fellowship with Him. Only the pure in heart could abide in His presence"

One point is that the more I look at, dwell upon, behold, think about, focus upon and center my attention on Jesus' earth life the more I will know who God really is and what He is like. It is only then that I can come to the point of willingness to let God 'take away' any area in which I have disagreed with Him - be purged.

I can't agree with God if I don't really know His true character. Since He is the Prince of Peace, it makes sense that I need to find out what that really means so I can agree with His kind of Peace.

Fellowship - experience, relationship with the Prince of Peace - can't even begin to 'take place' if I am not in agreement with that Prince, So if I am interested in being 'in His Peace', then I need to learn to know Him on a personal basis - one on one.

I am thinking more about this but need to go for now.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: