Thursday, March 27, 2008

Peace from having God's heart in control of me

I was listening to a presentation today and the speaker said something very interesting. He commented that some folks listen to their own heart 'too much'. Some should even 'fire' their heart. I had to chuckle at the thought. But the 'thought' I got was that when we are 'born again' then we will be learning to listen to God's heart rather than what 'our' heart says. The old heart has gotten pretty hardened (and a few other terms even less encouraging). But the 'new heart', 'new spirit' from God has 'wired into it' how God thinks.

When others don't understand us, when we do things that maybe we don't even understand ourselves, when circumstances seem to be 'agin' us, the new heart experience leads us to look at us and our surroundings as God sees them - and us. How is that different than before the 'new heart'? For one thing, since God is in control, I don't have to be constantly trying to manipulate the other 'hearts' in order to get them to 'see' like I do for that is now God's business.

Another real blessing is that as I focus on who God is He has pomised to make me like what He is.

I didn't always live that way today but I believe God was really working on me in that area.

Peace is trusting in God so much that, as a small baby, we can rest in His love as a baby does in a mother that he recognizes loves him.

May the God of peace enable you to know that You are very special to Him just now.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Thanks again for your 'peaceful' thoughts.