Friday, March 28, 2008

A miracle of Peace

A few weeks ago there developed a 'division' between two parties. One of the parties took their 'case' to the church board. After due consideration a couple of the board members talked to the other party briefly. After the 'talk' the person came and talked to me. We have been trying to help them and I could only pray that God would bring resolution. My friend commented that he wasn't sure when he would return to our church for which I felt rather 'bad', but could understand how he felt.

For some reason he mentioned the incident this morning while we were doing something together. He shared who he thought was involved. (He had not been given names when he was talked to but he was pretty sure who the other party was.) Later he got a phone call. Lo and behold it was the 'other party'. To make a long story short, the Lord's Spirit brought about 'peace' between the two parties through forgiveness.

When he shared with me what had happened I was definitely praising the Lord for how He had worked another miracle of Peace.

As I have watched events like this recently I have one regret. When something similar happened to me it took me 'three years' before I was able to 'let go' (forgive) and experience that miracle of peace. I'm glad others can learn the lesson in a lot less time.

May God's peace fill you this Sabbath day.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: