Friday, December 12, 2008

Sign of Peace

Just think about it. The God of Peace set up a special sign to remind me that He wants to give me His peace. Instead of a certain style of clothes, or an offering of some sort, the sign God gave is a specific period of time - what is now called Sabbath.

On the seventh day of creation week God rested. He wasn't tired. I believe He was delighted. What a special time that must have been.

And what to me is even more special is that the same God who created this world is still keeping His promise to meet with me every seventh day Sabbath. WOW! What a privilege. And since He is the Prince of Peace He brings His peace with Him as a gift to fill me up with - HIS PEACE.

This Sabbath is particularly welcome by me. Some very intense happenings have taken place this week. I'm not sure I even want to know all of them, but I do crave these hours when I can lay aside everything that has been 'challenging' me during the week and take extra special time with my loving heavenly Father. This week it seems super special. And this evening our son and his girlfriend agreed to join us in a time of prayer together. That was very special to my mother's heart. So far we have also listened to a sermon challenging us to 'extreme purity' in Christ.

There is more to come on this special day of rest and gladness. Our God is an awesome God. And there is plenty of room for you to join me during this special celebration time as we remember the Sabbath (and the Lord of the Sabbath) to keep it holy.

May the God of peace give you a special blessing during these precious Sabbath hours.

Yours in Christ

Bringer of Peace

No comments: