Saturday, December 6, 2008

Giving Thanks

So much has been happening this week here. Keep in mind I am practicing 'in everything give thanks', (but not 'for' everything), so I am going to 'practice on you'. (Blue type includes praise and thanksgiving)

The Lord asked me to make a list to praise Him for of what we 'see' we need, and my husband, Duane, and I have been taking special time to thank God for His answers.

At the beginning of the week we asked two people to find other places to live by the beginning of next year (which is very hard for me to do). (Some folks might consider that a thanks)
Our son got hit on the passenger side of our Toyota. The car had total insurance coverage.
No one was seriously hurt but there have been insurance (medical and vehicle) to take care of, with several Dr. appointments thrown in for 'good measure'.
When I stopped to make an appointment at the chiropractor's office for the two 'passengers' I 'fell' on my way out to the car, but praise the Lord, other than my hand scratched some, I wasn't really hurt, (more than my pride, as another car pulled up as I picked myself up).
Duane and I thank God that at least one 'bill' will be paid when the insurance settlement comes - no more monthly car payments.
People have shared their 'take' as to why 'things' aren't going the way they think they should here at the farm - and I've wondered where some of the 'tales' come from.
Carl started a new job this week - part time but still a source of some income, praise the Lord
We got 'chewed out' for a missing roll of toilet paper. (Fortunately I think I kept my mouth shut, for a change.)
I have been practicing 'giving thanks' IN everything and sharing it with a few others I thought might be interested.
Friday the property and personal taxes were due ($3,500 approx).
A friend said they were going to 'pay' $1,000 towards the tax 'bill'.
We were able to come up with $1,000 towards the bill also for which we thank God.
I have been physically and emotionally tempted to 'depress' but I am choosing to 'praise' and 'give thanks' anyway.
The Lord has been showing me a bigger picture of Himself through Psalm 51. I just finished it today (and posted it on my paraphrase link, if you are interested.)
The children's class I teach was both a blessing and a challenge. Three children didn' t have winter coats and the church gave them some this morning - wonderful. It was a challenge to 'keep' them interested in the story of baby Jesus, and at times I wondered if that was only a dream that we were succeeding.

Enough of the past for now. This afternoon when I came to blog, I visited 'clay feet' (see link) and also 'on the road' (see link) and was greatly encouraged by both of them. God is still in control. I thank the Lord for another day of life. I praise the Lord for loving me just now.

Thank You, Father, for encouraging to turn my face upward to see who You really are and what You are really like.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: