Thursday, December 25, 2008

Inner Peace

God has been answering more than one prayer. I praise Him.

More than once He has been cautioning me when to speak or when to be silent.

Another answer has been the difference in me when someone starts on a 'hot topic'.

Do I take what the other person says in such a way that I need to 'set them straight'? Or can it be a time of 'revealing' - maybe for both of us?

God didn't say there would be peace all around us. He definitely wants peace on earth, good will toward men for that was the message of the angels to the shepherds.

God's kind of peace, however, is from the inside out. And if there is no peace inside of me for sure that unrest will often spill out toward others.

God's kind of peace inside of me will affect the atmosphere around me. Thank God.

I have been asking God to enable me to see not only myself but others the way He sees them. That doesn't mean God always feels 'peaceful', but at the same time God doesn't change when others lose their cool.

As I listen to others with an attitude that they are revealing more about themselves rather than with a defensive attitude I have been learning a lot.

God is in the business of mentoring me to be like Him. He has also promised His peace in me so long as I am willing.

God's gift of peace is worth more than 'things' the world has to offer.

God has enough peace for you today too.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: