Thursday, December 11, 2008

Appropriate Counsel

It took me what seemed several weeks to 'unpack' Psalm 51. There is a whole lot in it that is very appropriate for me. Just this week I began looking at Psalm 52. It is shorter but it also has SO much for me just now. There are some very pertinent thoughts concerning 'words'. You can read my paraphrase if you wish in the 'Paraphrase' link to the right.

David began by asking a question. "Why are you making a fool of yourself and creating such a loud noise just because you think you are so strong?" What also caught my attention were some of the words used to describe the language of those who are 'against' good and God. "You imagine and calculatingly say hammered out, sharp words to mislead, deceive and spread lies. In verse 5 David describes God's 'response and in verse 6 he gives God's family's response. His family will watch and even laugh. . . Laughing is not always appropriate but sometimes it appears that even God has a sense of humor. I think I like 8-9 almost the best. In the spendor and brilliance of lighted oil in God's house I have conidence in the True God's mercy from now on. I agree with You forever, God, for You put things in order. I will expectantly, joyfully wait for You - along with the rest of Your family who love You.


We can wait on God. And what a blessing when that waiting is done as part of a 'family'.


Just remember, waiting on God is a very good way to stay close to Him.


Bringer of Peace

No comments: