Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sharing Peace even when sad


We had such a God blessed time at my brother's place recently. Since I really enjoy cats I seemed to make friends with their four cats rather soon. It was with sadness that I got a call this week that one of their cat's had been 'caught' by a dog that had broken loose from a neighbor's place. They had 'rescued' the cat but even after the vet's help it died. Mitzy was rather 'jumpy' at times but she could also be very cuddly. She had real long hair which hid the fact that she wasn't really very big yet. I couldn't do much to comfort my sister in law cause I had sort of fallen in love with Mitzy myself. They still have three cats but that doesn't take the place of Mitzy.

I do pray that God will give them peace in their heart even though they are sad in their loss.

Another peace

A couple of days ago one of the ladies where we live here in Virginia asked me if I could take some time to help her get some things straightened up on the farm. I had been rather busy helping some other folks but I readily agreed that would be a good idea. The day began when another lady came to talk to me. As we talked we were pulling weeds along a gravel walk between the large farm house and the 'laundry' room right beside it. We got that just about done and another young fellow came out to help as well. He asked about an area between the laundry and the big house. I agreed that would be another good place to clean so we spent a fair amount of time pulling and cutting weeds. There have been a lot of tall flocks growing there - but a lot of weeds as well. The flocks have been very lovely this year but they are almost 'done' so we trimmed some of them back while getting rid of the weeds as well. The day lilies are also finished so we trimmed them back where needed while we were 'at it'. When we finished that area we moved on to the side of the house where the main used door is located. Another lady had promised to take care of the beds by the door but it has been a challenge for her to surround all she has promised to do. Some of the 'growth' had spilled out onto the lawn area and I agreed that the young fellow could trim the 'overgrowth' back to the side of the bed - where there is a low brick 'wall'. Sadly, when the lady who had asked for my help finally came on the scene some time early afternoon, she expressed very passionately her dislike of what we had done. I was sad at her response, but at this point in time I still have a peace in my heart that our motives were to help improve the farm by weeding and cleaning. I'm sorry she did not choose to understand our motives, but on the other hand, if she carries through with what she said, I hope she will get happier - she said she would be moving somewhere else because she believes we are not treating her as we should.

Somehow I sense that though I would like to share peace, this may be one time when it may not work according to my 'plans'. I also am perceiving that God would have me 'keep' His peace in me even when others choose not to accept God's peace in their hearts when I offer it to them.

It is very late and I need some rest.

Until next blog, may God's peace grow in your heart like a beautiful flower.



Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Your 'un-peaceful' renter should have been nudged out with the weeds long ago. Then you be surrounded by more beautiful flowers of peace.