Sunday, August 10, 2008

Does Time really 'fly'?

Some who read this may also read some of the paraphrases of portions of the Bible (in a link at the right). At first I was sort of 'going' through Psalms. I would read a Psalm, look up what words mean in Strong's concordance, at times compare some versions and then ask the Holy Spirit direction in putting it into meaningful language for me and for today.

I started that 'process' with Psalm 44 sometime in the early spring of this year (maybe March). It seemed, though, that I got 'stuck'. Even with the help of a friend of my sister giving me some thoughts it still seemed I couldn't seem to understand it. After a little while I just sort of laid it aside. Since then I have looked at some other Psalms and have been blessed in my study.

About the middle of this week I had the urge to look at Psalm 44 again. This time it was as though my mind opened up to an understanding of what was being conveyed by the original author and I received a real blessing. I have posted it at the paraphrase link if you wish to read it in it's fullness.

Even more interesting to me, though, is that I believe it is very applicable just now. After some of the experiences of the past week or so it seems that the message was just for me. It has also seemed very appropriate for another situation where I have been hoping to encourage someone else. I have a feeling that God had His hand in keeping me in the 'dark' until now. Thank you Lord.

Since the last post a whole lot has happened around where I am. It appears that the lady is still keeping to her 'word' that she is planning to move on, but we are sort of 'sitting tight' for the moment to see what 'happens'. Our deeper desire is that God will bring healing whether there is a move or not. She has a soul to save and we don't want to see her lose her way spiritually. That is not for us to choose but we can and are making it a matter of prayer as well as praising God for His promises of deliverance from any spirit that does not belong to Him.

On another front, our son went to Indianapolis for a business convention with some friends. Since the last trip to Illinois he has been thinking about what kind of a job he might be able to get that could support himself and someday a family of his own. We are praising the Lord for some of the good decisions of the past and claiming God's wisdom for now and in the future for him.

For the past several years I have felt compelled, at least at times, to work toward completing a series of 'lessons' called 'HIS STORY - the Creator God of the Universe'. To the best of my ability I believe they are completed. I talked to the Lord about them, asking what His will for them was - especially since He had seemed so urgent for me to 'get them done'. At present there is a mission program looking to possibly use a children's set of lessons called "Passport to Life" (which is part of HIS STORY) which I had previously completed. Another publishing company seems to be interested in the full lesson set of HIS STORY. I hope to contact them this coming week (the man was out of town this week so I wait a little longer). Then this past Friday I got a phone call from a lady who has done a lot with TV production asking me if I would be interested in developing a 'TV' series based on the children's lessons. Needless to say, after I recovered just a bit I told her I believed it would be very good. For many people visual can be more effective.
And the music I have with it would probably be more effective if it could be heard rather than music notation only.

Well, there is more happening but I still at times wonder if events are transpiring at an ever increasing rate - or is it just me that thinks that time has joined the 'jet age'.

One thing I am humbly grateful for, though. God's peace is not dependent on time (fast or slow).
Now the God of Hope fill you with all JOY and PEACE in believing, that you may abound in HOPE through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: