Saturday, August 16, 2008

Birthday Blessing

For the past several hours I have had the privilege of sharing with my 93 year young aunt - my father's sister. It was her birthday today so my brother three-way phoned with her and us.
She has been sharing with us experience after experience of how God has guided in her life. Story after story she shared when angels specifically protected (visibly) or guided or helped in some very unique ways. She has agreed to share a manuscript with me and pictures that she wrote several years ago of many of her life experiences. What she shared verbally with us was truly awesome.

She was delighted that we called on her birthday (today). It was our privilege to listen to how God has led her during her long life. She was also able to fill in a few details that we were unaware of about our past - our father's side. We have had some questions and she has been able to fill in some points. It has been hinted at that our grandfather on our father's side had been married before he married our grandmother. My aunt assured us that was the case. She had kept in touch with one of her half-sisters for many years. Yet this was the first time that we were made aware that there was more to our family. We also learned that our grandfather on our father's side had 7 brothers - another revelation we knew nothing about before.

Actually as I am writing I am still listening - and very interested. Sometimes it gets a little into more of tradition. That is still very interesting to me. In one respect I realize I have missed much over the years.

My aunt also shared more about her mother. She shared some of the attributes that she had perceived came from her mom. Since my aunt and dad's father died shortly after dad was born she didn't know as much about her father as about her mother.

I need to go for now to get ready for bed - when I get off the phone.

In the meantime may God's blessing go with you and give you peace.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: