Friday, August 15, 2008

Another peace

A friend of mine has been having a fair amount of challenges with a landlady. While she was thinking, pondering and asking Jesus about the situation the Lord suggested to her that whenever something like that was 'sent her way' -that in the past would be an attempt to upset her - for her to 'take a slow deep breath' and then while she exhaled to breathe a prayer of release to God to take the problem for it didn't belong to her in the first place.

Might that be another way of saying 'great peace have they which love Thy law (love) and nothing shall offend them'? Sure sounds similar.

I have had some challenges as well. I haven't quite done the deep breathing yet but I have been trying to come up with ways to let one person in particular know that I still appreciate them even though it has been hard for them to 'respond in kind'. They seem to have a big dose of 'blame' for anything that doesn't go as they think it should.

From the above thought from God, however, our peace is not dependent on how others think of us or 'talk of us', or even do. In one very real sense that is very nice. And the more I keep my eyes on Jesus, the more I have been learning about His kind of peace.







On a slightly different topic, we have been having a nice crop of tomatoes. Not enough to can or freeze or cook but we have sure been enjoying them to eat. I planted a few red tomato plants but more orange, pink and yellow kinds. I really like yellow tomatoes so I'm happy about that. I decided to plant one 'yellow' plant in our front flower bed. It is presently around 6 ft. and we have been blessed with quite a few tomatoes from it already, with more on the way.

You have a good day in Jesus.

Rest in His kind of Peace

and Receive His kind of strength - knowing that He loves you to be with Him - which is JOY.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: