Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Peace like a river - 5

I know the Bible talks about Peace like a river and I believe it. On the other hand it is nice to have the object which is the symbol as well - water. Our water system has been having problems for far too long. Finally this past Sunday we pulled the pipes and found out that the footvalve was 'gone'. Monday evening my hubby finally got all the parts back together along with new connections where needed and a new footvalve assembly. After priming the pump we turned on the pump and after only about 2-3 minutes the whole water system was filled and the pump turned off on its own. (It would run all the time before unless we manually turned it off.) The silence was like music to our ears. Other than some difficulties with some sand in faucet screens it and a clothes washer that needed some attention, it looks like all is presently well. Praise the Lord.

I am also thankful that it seems my computer is working better also. Everytime I would try to do anything with e-mail the whole system would freeze or close to it. I finally was informed that the computer had a conflict of interest. I downloaded fixes and at present it seems to be working ok for which I am also very grateful.

Last evening we were going to try to help get some things organized over at the other house we manage. Instead of doing physical work we ended up spending most of the evening trying to sort out some 'people' conflicts. I took my share of hits and my hubby said I gave too many to others. I also apologized when I was told how others viewed some former actions of mine in ways that I had no idea they were perceiving as they had.

I am hoping that the time was well spent even though nothing was moved as planned. But in God's eye's relationships between people that bring in His kind of unity is more important than political, intellectual or even spiritual 'facts'. I do want to have truth as it is in Jesus inside of me and I believe God is sharing His truth with me. Some recent lessons, however, are leading me to the conclusion that God's kind of unity is highly relational. I want to learn more of that also.

I have other things that need to be done today so will sign off for now. Until next time you and I are together may the God of Peace pour His Spirit into your life like a nourishing river of life.

Bringer of Peace.

1 comment:

Hisviolin said...

"May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

God bless you.