Thursday, November 8, 2007

Outward Peace, Inward Peace or both

Some people consider peace as no war, no arguments, no stress. True peace involves a person's attitude - what is going on inside the mind and heart. When God's love is accepted then God's peace and joy are tp be inwardly experienced as well.

It is nice to not argue. It is also very nice when the other person understands what is being communicated and doesn't attempt to say differently seemingly just to 'be different'. But when that does happen can a person retain inside peace? - peace in their mind and heart?

I seem to be in that position at present. I don't have all the answers but I hope I'm learning God's way and will for me. A couple of nights ago my hubby and I spent most of the evening in what seemed to me (at times anyway) attempting to bring about resolutions between two people and somewhat of stress between us and them. When we got done I didn't feel that everything was resolved but I had found out a lot of things I haven't done right while managing this property we have been responsible for as managers.

Then the next day another person gave me their take on the situation being discussed the night before, telling me their perception of what I didn't 'do right'. (One small consolation was that by not doing what we had planned on doing the night before - when we talked instead of worked - we did one less thing wrong.)

This time around, however, it seems that for a larger segment of the time I realized that even though I was listening to different 'complaints', I didn't have to loose peace on the inside. I didn't perfectly 'ride the storm', so to speak, but I think I learned more about God's will involving peace.

For now may you continue to learn more about God's plan for peace in your heart and life.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

You have such a loving, peaceful heart. One would think everyone would be kind and gentle with you - but life is just the opposite! I'm glad to see you know where to find your peace.

Your friend
With love,
Linda