Saturday, November 10, 2007

Authority and Peace

Could my concept of peace still need to be adjusted in relationship to authority. There are some times and situations when things are not going as would seem to be for peace. Yet, because others are in the positions of authority there may not be awhole lot that can be done to change what is being done.

As I think about Jesus' life I see Him in somewhat of that situation. As far as I can ascertain Jesus respected authority - both civil and church - so long as they did not lead to disregarding His Heavenly Father's authority.

Another perception I presently have of Jesus is that in His form of government He DOES NOT USE FORCE. Yes, there are and will be consequences. But God sacredly guards the power of choice.
I very much need to learn some of those lessons myself. I am not to force others. Even though my hubby and I are managers of a farm and in theory we are supposed to have the last 'word', we are to respect others and their choices - particularly since they are physically adults. That, I think, has been a challenge for me.

This also leads me to believe that there are different aspects of Peace. I can have a peace inside of me through Jesus. On the other hand when others will not accept proper authority there may not be peace when it comes to relationships in certain areas. Keeps life interesting to say the least. Even though

I can be at peace in my heart.
I can be at peace that I am in the place of authority that God has placed me in.
I may not always feel peaceful when others disagree.
The atmosphere may get tense when others go against my authority but that doesn't mean I have to let go of the inner peace from the Lord. I do not have to accept the authority of those who seem to be opposing me.

I hope and pray I am learning God's will and way for me, praise the Lord.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: