Saturday, June 2, 2007

Peace - Biblical

Peace is a result of being in synchronization with the mind and heart of God.
Isaiah 27:3-5 I the LORD do keep it; I will water it every moment: lest [any] hurt it, I will keep it night and day. Fury [is] not in me: who would set the briers [and] thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together. Or let him take hold of my strength, [that] he may make peace with me; [and] he shall make peace with me.


God is called the 'Prince of Peace'.
Isaiah 9:6-7 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 9:7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Genuine Peace is a gift from God.
Numbers 6:26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Psalm 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Great peace comes from returning the love of God that has been given to us.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

The following thought about Peace to me is very interesting. Here peace sounds as an effect.
Isaiah 32:17,18 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

God has made a covenant of peace
Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

God has thoughts of peace toward us.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

That is some powerful PEACE.

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

You've quoted some of my favorite verses. Thanks for sharing.