Thursday, May 31, 2007

Peace in my heart

This week has been very interesting, to say the least. One one hand I have been in a dialog via email with someone concerning keeping tuned in to 'principle' and not letting 'feelings' rule'.
In another relationship a 'court date' was scheduled for this week which tends to raise stress levels - not directly involved with me but a friend has been sued and the Lord has used her to encourage me and I hope He has been able to use me to hold her up during this time. After leaving her place yesterday I had a peace that my help has been appreciated. This is peace.
In another area of life I have been helping another lady once a week down town and one way I have helped is packing. She will be leaving town to go live with her daughter. I stopped by this evening to say good-bye and saw her daughter in a growing stress over everything that 'needed' to be done before tomorrow. I offered to help her pack some more, which she gratefully accepted and I was able to give a few more hours of moral support and packing. When I left later this evening she seemed in more of a 'peace' and hopefully encouraged. Her brother will be there tomorrow when the packers come. When my hubby came to pick me up - his car is in for inspection until tomorrow so we are sharing one car - I crawled into the car tired but at peace with having done what I could to help my friends. That kind of peace in my heart is a blessing.
I got to thinking about 'my place' - I haven't been here much this week, or so it seems. There is plenty to do here and it seems there isn't much time to do what I think needs to be done.
I was pondering some of these things and the question came to my mind: might there be a reason for that? I have been called to reach out to help others as mentioned in the above ways as well as some others not noted above. But it, at times, has seemed that our place has not been always 'at peace'. I have wanted to 'do' certain things but time after time it seems that I have been stopped, slowed down, or otherwise rerouted. The thought came to my mind that perhaps 'our place' is not yet 'ready'. Ready for what? A precious promise from God is "I will contend with him that contendeth thee and I will save thy children." Isaiah 49:25 I have seen God contending with the one who has been fighting against me and I believe He is also in the business of saving our 'farm family' (some of you know those I am referring to).
As God shows me lies that have previously been in my heart and by my permission He takes them out of my heart and replaces the lie with THE TRUTH - Jesus - that is a wonderful peace.
Now the God of Peace unite you to Him through His love.
Bringer of Peace

No comments: