Saturday, May 12, 2007

Peace in 'seed form'

Jesus talked about having 'faith' as a seed. A live 'seed' has the capacity to increase in size. God has 'beamed out' His peace to me as a live seed. The Peace God sends to me may not always come 'full size', 'fully mature'. But as I 'water' and 'feed' God's peace in my lifethe larger it grows.

"Great peace have they which love Thy law and nothing shall offend them." Great peace is bigger, broader, deeper than 'seed peace'. But 'seed peace' is still 'peace' albeit of different proportions.

The past 2 weeks have been intense in several areas of living. Last weekend my son and I made a 'flying' trip to Michigan. I wouldn't trade the time I took for anything else. The original reason for the trip was that my brother and his wife was having a 'Bat-Barakah" (daughter of blessing) for two daughters. [If you are interested in more details go to his website for pictures and 'report.] http://www.clayfootsteps.blogspot.com/

I had never been to anything of this kind plus this had to do with my own 'family' so I really wanted to be there for my benefit as well as to let the 'daughters' know they were special. But God had even more in store for me. Since the drive took around 10 hours one way, son and I had quite a bit of time together. We had opportunity to talk about a variety of subjects. I have been claiming God's promises both for myself and son. One promise in particular that I have been holding on too has been "I will contend with him that contendeth with thee and I will save thy children." I believe I already have the 'seed' of that promise. God has been contending with the powers that have been fighting against me. He has been teaching me and leading me into His peace in my mind. The outward circumstances have been quite hectic but that does not change the 'seed' of peace - so long as I choose to retain it in my heart. Peace in my heart comes through experiencing the Holy Spirit's presence inside of me.

The promise of peace is like any other of God's promises. The seed is in the promise. When I claim God's promise for peace I have God's peace - so long as I retain it by accepting God's will. It may not be 'seen' always on the surface but it is real peace just the same.

I must go for now. I hope to share more of God's doings the past two weeks soon.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: