Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Peace - the result of Faith

God never intended that we should live apart from Him.
Even after Adam and Eve 'chose' another 'master' - what we typically call 'sin' - the only way to live is through some form of connection with the source of life, the Creator God of the Universe.

Even after 'sin' entered the arena of humanity the Bible reminds us the "God so loved the world, that HE gave . . . " Someone shared with me that God had faith in the human race, even after sin. He had faith that there would be some who would choose to live with Him after they got the 'facts' - instead of Satan's lies, falsehoods, etc.

God is the author of Peace also. And as I have begun to 'see' God for who He really is that opens the 'channel' for God's kind of peace to flow into my life.

The following phrase in religious circles has been batted around for years as to it's 'meaning': 'righteousness by faith' . It has also been suggested that humans have mistranslated the meaning of that phrase into 'righteousness by works', righteousness by _________ (fill in the blanks as you choose)'. I was discussing this with someone and instead of 'filling in the blank' they simply turned it around. "Works by righteousness".

You may wonder what this has to do with peace - especially God's kind of peace. The more I thought of it the more I realized it has everything to do with Peace.

When I accept the fact that God has faith in me. Jesus believes that as I 'see' Him in all of His beauty and love I will accept His life in me. I will accept His offer of life as I see who the Saviour really is and that He is more than able to do what He has said He can do, I will also receive His peace.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

That kind of love, that kind of righteousness coming from the Creator God and flowing through me results in works, actions, performance similar, like what Jesus did when He lived on earth.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: