Thursday, June 7, 2007

To be honest, if what could be seen says anything, I am in complete disarray at this moment. I am typing at my laptop which is situated on top of my printer on a file. BUT!!! I believe it is for a good purpose. About three months ago a couple who had been living here since 2001 moved to Tennessee. They had been staying in what might be considered an apartment in the upstairs of the big farm house. (We live in a small house next to it.) For several reasons almost nothing had been done to the upstairs apartment (4 rooms) area since they left. I hadn't even taken time to clean it up.

A week or so ago we decided that we would get the kitchenette room back in order and let one of the ladies living here use it. Early this week I was up there while my hubby was working on an electrical 'fix'. I was just sort of 'standing there'. It was sort of a sudden idea, but the thought came to me, 'Why don't you use the 'living room' area for your office.' The rest of my mind did somewhat of a double take in a state of 'surprise', but as I stood there a little longer and began to think along those lines I began to like the idea more and more.

To make a long story short, from then until now I have been alternating between cleaning and moving and making messes and attempting to straighten them up.

Here is just a little outline of my dream. (We will see in a few days what the reality check is, but for now) - My personal activities will still take place in our little living room (for those of you who have visited us you know it isn't much more than perhaps 6X8 as 'my office' part of our living room in a room about 12X 16 or so). I will still do my personal emails, letter writing, bill paying, etc. there on a small table or desk Anyway, the new office is probably at least 12X16 and I will have the use of all of it. My plans at present for the new 'office' is where I will work on my music, Sabbath School programs, Vacation Bible School programs, Bible correspondance programs and lessons, etc.

The room that was used for a bedroom in the apartment will be used for my 'archives' - what I am not using currently but need at times for referencing in relation to the above areas. I will probably also store some furniture in there that is not being used but I am not quite ready to let go of. On the other hand I am getting rid of some furniture in this 'upheaval' that I don't see we will need. Some will go to the 'dump' and some to a local 'thrift' shop which takes furniture. Either way I plan that a lot of things that have been excess around here will soon be 'gone'.

Yes, room for peace is what I am seeing as part of my dream. As has often happened in the past, one of Carl's dreams helped me get started. He gave me his dream for making his room more useable. He really could use some of the furniture we had in the living room and I liked the idea. But where was I going to put what was in those pieces. Now I believe he may have the opportunity for his dream to take shape and in the meantime my dream also may soon be a reality.

I haven't gotten everything into the new office area from our place but I am attempting to put things away as I go rather than 'stack and store til later' method so it is taking maybe a bit longer (although stack and store takes lots of time too - only use when absolutely necessary for the stacks begin to haunt you after while). I am very glad that I am not in the process of a whole move at the same time as this one room move. That gives me more hope that it may get done soon. Actually, this morning I already got a call from someone who needs to work with me in 'my' office on the upcoming Vacation Bible School. That is putting a little more pressure on me to get it done quick. But that may be a good thing too.

Room for Peace. Not only does that sound good for my office area but I am beginning to have some room for peace in my home - for my living room area too. The living room had gotten so full that at times there were aisles only. (Yesterday there wasn't even that much room but thankfully that is because of the move going on. We did get the 'aisle' back to our bedroom door open by the time we went to bed.)

I need to go to another job right now (this one I get $ for so it does help out in that respect) so I need to sign off. In the meantime, if you are reading this far, you might look around in your life to see if there is more 'room for peace'. You might also get a surprise.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Changing the house around is also 'my area'. I'm always looking around to see if the home could be more 'user friendly' and today while you were fixing up your 'office" (I remember the room), I was re-arrainging my office. It was a beautiful, cool day and I wanted to open a window that had a tall set of shelves in front of it from the winter. In doing so, I was able to make the room much more accessable and organized! 'A place for everything, and every thing in it's place' is my motto. It does bring a peacefulness when it's all said and done.