Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sharing God's Peace

I only have a few minutes right now. This morning a friend shared with me some of her challenges in life. We occasionally get a chance to 'stop and talk' . I have a feeling that since we hadn't seen each other for almost a week the stresses of life had been building. She has been sued legally and had some questions. We unpacked some possible reasons based on what I am learning about God's desire for Peace and Joy to be in our lives. She has often encouraged me in the past when I would be 'down' so I felt thankful that there was a possibility to return the favor to her. She has a whole pile of paper work that needs to be filed in just a few days so I have a feeling we will be 'working' as well as talking.

I would be helping her right now but I brought her clothes home to dry - since someone disconnected her dryer in this legal 'issue' (not particularly fair but happened nontheless).

As mentioned earlier I believe the blessings received at campmeeting were many. Just getting us there was a small miracle. We really didn't have money to go but had made reservations anyway. A few weeks ago a couple of ladies visited our church. We ended up talking most of the afternoon. One sweet lady, just before leaving, shared a little 'love gift' with me. Yes, it was more than enough to get us to campmeeting - Praise the Lord. Then, later, the sister of this lady shared a whole bag of books with us that have proved very interesting and informative as well. Praise the Lord again.

Time is passing so I will need to go for this time. May share more later.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: