Thursday, April 26, 2007

Vindicating God brings Peace

God has been accused. He has also chosen to allow the accusations against Him to be assessed to see if they are 'true' or 'false'. The Universe is the jury. His witnesses in this case are all who have chosen to accept His plan to incorporate them (adopt them) into His family. One of the benefits of being a witness to what God is really like and who He really is (uncovering the truth about God's character) is that we can be 'baptized' (completely immersed) with His Spirit of Peace. Yesterday I saw that happen in a friend's life.

In short, a friend of mine got a letter. She was expecting something different in the letter than what 'came'. When my hubby and I came over she was in tears. We spent a little while with her and then I told my hubby to go on home (he needed to do a few things there during the evening) and I would use her car (at her suggestion) to come home later. Yes, it took time, but by the time I left I believe I had seen God's character vindicated in her life witness.

The situation she is in may get worse, which is more than likely what could happen. But as we went over present known facts we began to see more and more clearly that God was needing someone who would 'stand up' for Him and vindicate Him and refute lies that were being propogated concerning what He is like.

In my mind I saw her reaffirm the challenge to be God's witness and to allow Him to vindicate His true character through her in the present circumstances. The more confirmed she became in that determination to vindicate God the more PEACE she manifested. By the time I left she was in 'HIS PEACE' - Praise the Lord.

One really nice 'side effect' was that I was able to experience at least a small part of that peace in my heart as well.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you: let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:11

May God's peace be in you,

Bringer of Peace

No comments: