Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Peace in the 'midst'

So much has been happening I at times have a feeling like I'm at least a day ahead of myself. I almost 'met' myself getting up when I went to bed 'this morning' - but not quite.

For some time I have had a growing sense that the Lord is going to use some materials He has had me develop for teaching children in the spiritual realm in a 'bigger' way. Yesterday I talked with a lady who has seen some of my materials and was requesting some additional study guides to use in a sort of 'week of prayer' she will be giving at a church school. Since up til now I have done most of the printing via my computer I told her I would try but wasn't sure I would get it done in time to send it in the afternoon mail. It took even longer than I thought and needless to say I wasn't done with the printing job before 5 p.m. I felt a little bad and finally decided to let her know they would be at least a 'day' late. She didn't answer her cell phone but the pastor who's number she had given me (where she was going) was available. Interestingly enough he had gone by our place earlier in the day but she hadn't yet told him about the materials. When I explained a little bit he became very interested also. To make a long story short he came by this morning on the way south and picked up not only the study guides she wanted but I had had opportunity to prepare a number of other materials that I believe he may be interested in using as well. While talking with him on the phone he asked me if I would be willing to teach others how to use these materials. I assured him that I would be happy to. Then he asked me if I would be willing to go to Africa and share there to which I also affirmed - according to the Lord's will.

'In the midst', or even while something is happening seems to be the way things have been going recently here. While all of the above was 'going on', I also felt the need to spend some quality time with Carl. We worked together in his room for a while in the morning before he was 'on his way' . Then, when he returned from work rather late it seemed he was interested in communicating. I asked him if I could read to him an article called 'A surprise ending'. He agreed and even though it did take a little longer than we should have been up I believe he profited and maybe even enjoyed it - or so it seemed.

All of the above was on top of the fact I had promised that if at all possible I would get a 'songbook' ready for use on this coming Sabbath for one of the classes and for afternoon visiting at a nursing home. (Time will tell if that book gets done at the rate I am going, but I'm still going to try.) And on the 'side' Duane and I have been trying to help a friend here at the farm get some extra shelving in her room so she can get a little more organized. She has been so busy though that it has been hard for us to coordinate when she is available. She has been taking care of the cats fully now as well as she helps a lady in town so she has had plenty to do also.

Actually I didn't even get over to my friend's house yesterday to help her at all, but she seemed to understand that I just couldn't spread any 'thinner' right then. (I think I may even lay down for a little while more this morning too before going that direction.)

But 'in the midst' I am sensing that I have a God so big, so great, so loving that He is still in control. Reading that 'A surprise ending' was good for me too for it reminded me anew that God is not 'out to get' me or you or anyone. That is Satan's lie about God. God is in the business or restoring my soul and leading me to Him and His peace even 'in the midst'.

And the more I experience His JOY and His PEACE the more I have to share with others - like you! He tells me again, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you. Not as the world giveth, give I unto you; let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" for John 14: 27 says "Peace I leave with you". "In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of cheer, I have overcome the world."

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Africa? What did he mean by that? When? For how long? That's a big one. Keep us posted.
Now I think I'll read Surprise Ending, but I have to hold the curser down to read that blogsite because my computer screen doesn't read the font color.
Take Care on the Journey.