Monday, April 23, 2007

The Spirit of Peace

Once a week I stay with a lady overnight. When I pulled up to her place I immediately noticed a police car sitting in her driveway. Needlees to say I immediately had some questions and a change of feelings inside me. I decided to go on in since it was time for me to 'be there' but I stayed in the 'background' until the visitors were gone.

Later the lady told me that a previous employee was under suspicion for 'taking' some valuables. I responded that I hoped she didn't feel that way toward me to which she quickly responded to me in the effect that "You have a different spirit".

Every person is surrounded with an 'atmosphere'. Even before speaking to someone you usually already have a 'feeling' about the person you are in contact with. This is both Biblical and scientific.

What is my spirit - the atmosphere surrounding me - today?

Do I have the Spirit of Peace - the peace that passes all human understanding - today?

That is my desire.

No comments: