Friday, April 20, 2007

Peace in the midst -2

My brother has said it so well in his blog that I would just like to recommend you reading it there for yourself in his blog titled 'Slandering God'http://www.clayfootsteps.blogspot.com/. In short, when I 'worry' am I not slandering the very God who loves me so much. Am I in essence saying to the One who made me and knows best how I am to operate, "You can't be trusted so I've got to take care of my life myself, or at least partly myself". But that puts a tremendous 'non-peace' stress load on me when I get that kind of 'high-horse' mentality. '

On the other hand, when I hugged my son, assured him that he is still a special man, encouraged him to refocus on his dreams to become a success - even when his present goals aren't presently the same as I would have considered top priority (but material success and who he is are two separate topics) - that kind of experience helps me to refocus on what is really important in life and what is God's plan to bring peace into daily living.

May true peace be yours today

No comments: