Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Peace through Communication

This afternoon when I went to 'work', my friend had received a 'note' from the person who is suing her. As I shared with her, she began to ponder the thought that perhaps this was a baby step forward. The written note, left at the house by the lady when she came this morning, at least was communication - which hadn't been happening at all for quite some time. I encouraged my friend to respond, albeit small. She wrote at the bottom of the note thanks and appreciation for letting her know what was written in the note.

That may sound small, but to me, having been learning about 'affirmation' being the first step in developing true communication, it was a step in the right direction. Whether or not the other person responds affirmatively at least my friend extended the offer of 'peace'. And as she worked on that little note it seemed to me that her attitude improved. There is still a lot ahead but while all this is happening I hope I am learning to keep in my mind "Who I am as God sees me".

Others may communicate to me words and phrases aimed at trying to make me believe that 'I am worthless, I am no good,' etc. Who does God say that I am? That is "The Truth" and "The Truth" (Jesus) sets me free from lies.

True PEACE and JOY is experienced in a new dimension when "The Truth" is within me.

I'm still learning

May God's peace be in your heart,

Bringer of Peace.

No comments: