Thursday, April 19, 2007

Peace in His Story

So much has been happening and at times it seems so quickly I have at times felt overwhelmed in some respects. I think a lot of the events though have been in the realm God leading me through experiences to understand Him better.

I had been doing some word study in Psalms. I look up the meaning of each word in the portion I am studying and then, after completing that I attempt to 'write it' from my present understanding. I was studying in Psalm 10 but seemed to get bogged down. Finally I left it 'half finished' and moved into Psalm 11. One evening I was sharing with our son some of what I had been learning in Psalm 11. He got interested and, to make a long story short, he ended up with putting together 'his' paraphrase which follows.

Psalm 11 - My Son's paraphrase

I find refuge in God as my fortress. Why do you say to me ‘run like a ‘scaredy cat’, ‘fly faster than a humming bird’ to the hills and ‘play dead like a possum’?
Come on, man. ‘Don’t you know, haven’t you heard, hasn’t anyone ever told you’, The wicked! All they do is scheme. They set traps and attack those who are righteous, like hunters that lay in wait to kill.
Hey man, (Slap - on the side of the head) The Lord is in heaven and He knows what is going on. He puts everyone to the test - as one tests a weld. Those who are ‘good welds’ He shows off and He is proud of and admires: they are His trophies that He shows to everyone. Those who fail are not good for any practical use. Like a ‘bad weld’ that cracked, they are discarded and will eventually be melted down as at the ‘foundry’.

Interestingly enough, after finishing Psalm 11 my interest in Psalm 10 revived, so I returned to where I had left off in that portion. One particular morning I had finished doing the word study and began to work on 'my paraphrase'. As I did so I suddenly realized that the message in this Psalm was specifically for ME just then. I am not a professional writer but what I wrote as I understood Psalm 10 then is posted at http://paraphrasesbymaiden.blogspot.com/

The more I have been studying the Bible this way the more I have been really learning about the God of Peace.

"Thy Words were found and I did eat them, and Thy Word was unto me the JOY and Rejoicing of mine heart, for I am called by Thy Name, O Lord God of Hosts. Jeremiah 15:16




1 comment:

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

Professional. Humble. Wonderful.
Your friend, Linda