Thursday, October 2, 2008

Walking in Peace

Has this ever been an interesting 'week'. I had the blessed privilege of having my oldest sister come and visit for about two weeks. Before she came we were thinking she could help me with some of our remodeling jobs around the farm. But by the time she came plans had changed. Instead of continuing to 'fix or repair daily' as I have been doing, we spent a lot of time packing. From all appearances it we may be moving to another place soon. We also spent some time 'window shopping' for living room furniture. All of these things are activities I have never done before.

One realtor called a piece of furniture in a house we were touring 'shabby chic'. I burst out laughing at her comment. But, needless to say that has been what I have lived with most of my life. I think a lot of what we have acquired over the years was not 'shabby' but by some folks just the idea that it wasn't 'bought new' just about qualifies it for the above label. Let them think what they wish.

Besides 'window shopping' and packing a number of other things have been also going on. My other sister (in between the one visiting and me) has been having what I consider more than her share of challenges. I have been trying to keep in touch with her rather frequently as well as praying to God for strength for her to continue and to grow in Jesus.

There are few other things going on but right now one of them I need to deal with so I will share more later.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: