Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reminder of Yesteryear


I am being told that the blog site is having trouble downloading pictures. As you can see it is affecting my site. Until it is fixed just believe I really have on a dark green jacket and the clemantis are purple.

Many years ago when we were in Africa I sent my sister in the U.S.A. some material which she made into a skirt. Not too long ago she sent me the skirt along with some other clothes she can no longer 'fit' into. Since I am still smaller she thought I could still get some good from them. I decided to wear the 'African' skirt today. On
the spur of the moment I asked my hubby to take a picture of me so I could share it with my sister. It brings back memories of when we had the privilege of sharing Jesus with folks in another 'land' for a while. Maybe some time I'll share a few other tidbits from our memories in Africa. But right now it seems time is marching (rather jetting) on.



When we were in Africa we had no children. Our son, who was born after we returned here to the states went this evening to pick up his girl friend from the airport. She will be staying here for a little while. (That does help date me, doesn't it.) I covet your prayers that we can be a channel of God's blessing to him right now as well as the encouragement he deserves to make decisions that will bring joy to him as well as to the Lord. I know Jesus has been exhibiting faith in him and I choose to do it too.




There is a prediction for frost or freeze tonight so I took the last pictures of our lovely dahlias for this year, most likely. The Lord has blessed us this year with so many lovely 'I Love You' notes from him for every flower is reminding me of that message from Jesus. Hope you get the message even through the pictures.

We are still cleaning and packing with dreams of moving soon. Add that to helping a man who has gotten 'dragged into' a legal battle nearby and time can seem rather precious at times. One nice turn is that the man's mother is with him right now and she has been helping me a lot. With so many things going on her help has been greatly appreciated.

Then when a 'business' call turns into an opportunity to share with someone about my wonderful Saviour it seems the fast pace takes on even more meaning.

Jesus is a wonderful friend as well as Saviour. May His peace come into your heart just by reading this.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: