Friday, October 31, 2008

Sabbath Peace 3

This Friday was such that I wonder who needs to go to an amusement part for 'joy rides'. It seemed that almost all day kept me going. Perhaps after a day like that the blessing of the Sabbath seems even more blessed.

I can lay aside business concerns.

I can bring to God my people wishes.

I have more time to truly focus on who God really is and what He is really like.

Sabbath is a time to experience more God love.

The hours of this special day were set apart by the Creator God Himself as time when we would realize more fully what becoming part of His family can really mean.


The hours of another Sabbath have begun. God rested - He had finished His work of creating this earth. He blessed - He counted these hours worthy of respect. He sanctified - promised to meet with me special on this day. He hallowed - He makes this a time when I become 'at one' with Him.

Wow! What a wonderful God is this King of the Universe. And then to think that He invites me to join Him specially every seventh day Sabbath. Oh, yes; He talks with me and is with me the rest of the week. But the Sabbath was made so that I could legitimately lay aside my business to find time to spend specially in His PEACE.

Come join me this Sabbath in filling our 'love cup' with His super love.

Every Sabbath you spend with Jesus will bring even more joy and peace surprises.

Try it! You'll like it.

Happy Sabbath

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

author@ptgbook.org said...

The Sabbath is certainly a blessing. It gives us time to draw closer to God as well as to rest from the burdens of the work week.

It is ironic that some who do not keep the Sabbath think it is a burden.

The Sabbath may also be a test of faith for someone who was not raised in a Sabbath-keeping household. It takes faith for a person to believe what God says about the Sabbath and to begin keeping it if he never kept it before.