Friday, September 26, 2008

Peace in 'Being'

There are some potentially life changing decisions going on in our lives at present. I was sharing with my brother some of the seeming options and he made a comment/question that really set me to thinking. The jist of it was this. Am I more concerned that I am in God's will or that I am in His 'heart'. There is a place in God's heart that only I can 'fit'. God can 'do' all kinds of things. He can create out of what we call 'nothing'. In a sense that is 'easy' for Him.

But when God gave other intelligent beings the power to choose, that meant they could also choose any will other that His best will for them (what we call sin). That also meant that God was by His choice restricting Himself.

After writing the last sentence I paused for thought. God's deepest longing isn't so much the 'doing' is our 'being' in Him. He wants me to 'know' Him personally, intimately, lovingly.

God loves me more than my spouse or even myself. What love.

I must go for now, but keep in mind that God loves you for who you are in Him, not what you do.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: