Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Peace in the midst 5

The past 7 days have been VERY busy at times. A few weeks ago we began praying that one of my sisters would find a home to live in. She has been 'living' in very 'tight' circumstances and it has been quite difficult for her. Near the end of August a program became available that appears to be the answer for her. She has located a place and is already in the process of making arrangements to secure the place for her to live in. I praise the Lord for such a relatively quick answer to prayer.

But that doesn't seem to be the end of that prayer answer. The same program she shared with me and it appears that we may also soon have a 'new' to us place to call home as well, Lord willing.

Our present place, however, wasn't just 'living space' for us. Several other folks are presently residing with us here on the farm. It appears that the same program may also help them with places to live as well so things have been increasing in the level of activity here - to put it mildly.

That, however, is only one part of what has been happening here. Another sister came from Michigan to spend a few days with me. It has been such a privilege to have her here and we have been spending a lot of time together. She has even seen our possible 'new' home already.

Then, of course, there is the time with the Lord. He has been in the process of revealing a few things about me to me and a lot of things about Him to me (that part I really like). I have been thinking about the story of Eli in the Old Testament and 'comparing', 'contrasting' it with the story of the prodigal father in the New Testament, all the while learning a lot.

And through it all God is teaching me how to remain His Daughter. God is wonderful. I may be able to fill in more details soon but I must go for now.

Until next time, peace be with you.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Amy L Brooke said...

So nice to meet you! I love the theme of peace that you have. Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond. It means a lot to me.

Amy