Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day and Beyond

Maybe we take 'Labor Day' too seriously. Someone had given us some fruit so we spent a lot of Sunday and Monday 'laboring' to get the fruit canned for use later (since my hubby had Monday off work as a holiday). We do enjoy getting to work together but we were 'labored out' by the end of Monday, to say the least. We still have some pears but they may have to wait a little longer. There are other things to do besides canning only. One problem, though, is that fruit won't wait long. Keeps life interesting.

Back in April just before our son went to boot camp for a while he bought me some 'polka dot' plants. I have always enjoyed them but hadn't had any for a while. I planted them beside our doorway even though there was a chance they would get too much sun. Needless to say they have done beautifully, as the picture shows a little bit. It is a constant reminder to me of our son whenever I come and go. Thanks a lot, Carl.

This picture of us was taken when we weren't quite so 'labored'. Some friends were leaving on a trip and we asked if we could take their picture. They also wanted one of us.


Part of the time we were working on fruit we were listening to some word pictures of God. Some of the information presented was what we were used to. Some of it, however, was definitely aimed at restoring our picture of God back into what it should be. It is amazing how many misconceptions about God abound. Even though I have been a christian all my life I still find that I have had lies in my mind which has caused me to misunderstand who the real God is and what He is really like.

I praise the Lord, though, that He has been revealing more and more about Himself to me. He is so much more than I have previously understood. Some of what we were reviewing (or learning) had to do with correcting lies which 'blame' God. It is too much to explain in just a few sentences in this blog alone but as I have understood more how God has guarded the 'power of choice' both in myself and others - since true, other-centered love will never force - I have understood more why God is not the One to 'blame' when 'things go wrong'.

God isn't the One to blame, but He is wanting to enable me to understand the real truth about who He really is and what He is really like. That, of course, is an ongoing class in my experience.

There is a lot going on today so I must go for now. Hope you have a JOY filled day with Jesus and learn how to rest more in His peace.

Bringer of Peace




No comments: