Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update on our trip and musings

We are still in Illinois as I write this. I wrote another blog on my computer but my modem seems to have died so I am using my brother's connection at the moment. It appears we may be heading home either today or tomorrow. My son was up late last night and so I decided not to get him up early. Since I enjoy conversing with my brother I took the time to do just that today. Since it has been raining here he didn't have to leave for work so early.

Maybe later I'll share some of the directives we have been through on this trip. God has been leading in a number of contacts and being at certain places at certain times. I am excited on the one hand as I have been watching God work. On the other hand I am still claiming that God will keep me on His 'track' and not get 'sidetracked'. God is working in mysterious ways and I am learning how to keep praising Him even when outward situations don't 'appear' to be what I would call gis ood.

A text someone shared with me this morning was 'Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord.' The more often I keep my life in His hands the more quickly He can both 'will and do of His good pleasure' in me.

God is more interested in opening our eyes to Who He really is than simply solving what we think are the problems. The more He can reveal who He really is and what He is really like through an individual the sooner others may catch on to the idea that, 'Hey, God really does love me. He really does care what happens to me.' As a mother, that idea is getting more and more appealing to me. Wow! wouldn't it be wonderful for God to be able to change me so much that everyone in my family can not only see God for who He really is but will also feel the freedom to do some personal exploration of their own, if they so choose, because a relationship with God looks really inviting.

That also means God is the one 'doing' it, not me by my little ol self. Good news.

I' ll try to get back soon with more updates, but until then may I encourage you to take a new look at who God REALLY is. He is not only awesome, but since He doesn't want to scare you off He most likely may come in a more subdued way, at least at first. But either way, He loves you.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: