Sunday, July 27, 2008

On the Road Again




I am writing this from Illinois. This past Sabbath was a homecoming at the Mattoon church and school here in Illinois. Both my younger brother and I spent years in the church school here. When we were in school there were two buildings - church and school. The school closed in the late 70's or so. Recently the local congregation decided to join the two buildings to give more room for church activities. This past Sabbath was a rededication as well as a homecoming. It was interesting to see the BIG progress in the physical building. It was also very nice to see some old school mates and acquaintances from many years ago. My brother has been working to get the sound system 'updated' so he was kept 'busy' a lot of the time.

Our son came over with me but since he has not a lot of interest in 'my past' he opted to drive up to Wisconsin to visit friends there while I visited folks here. I also have a bit of business to take care of while here so we will probably be here at least until Monday morning some time at least. We figure we might as well make the best of the time while we are in this part of the country. We are even pondering swinging by Michigan 'on our way home', but time will tell.

I need to relinquish the phone line for a while so will close for now.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: