Thursday, July 31, 2008

Progress to West Virginia

This trip is getting more interesting all the time. After spending the night in Ohio with some friends (another unplanned stop) we headed on toward Virginia this morning after a lovely breakfast with our friend (her blogspot is dusty angels to the side). We had promised a friend that we would help drive a vehicle from West Virginia to our place in Virginia. We got to the place in West Virginia in time to have a very nice meal with them. My son had an appointment in Fredericksburg, Va. this evening so he took off as soon as he had eaten. (He called me later to let me know that he would be making it to his meeting on time.)

It appears that our friend is not really ready to leave so I was invited to spend the night here with these friends. I went with them to a neighbor's house where the children got to swim for a little while in an above ground pool. They are out playing on the trampolene right now but I decided to write an update on my current trip.

It appears that my modem has died on my computer. When I get home I hope to be able to check with those who insured it to see if they can help me. Maybe I'll be able to use my brother-in-law's connected until mine gets back up.

I haven't been able to share yet here a lot of what has happened on this trip most of which is more than just coincidental. God has had His hand in what we have been doing or where we have been and when. Even last evening's stop in Ohio revealed some directives by God. My son took the time to share with me how the Lord has been working in his life these past few months since before he decided to go into the army, his time in boot camp, his 'discharge' and on through this trip. God has been working in many ways and I praise God for so many answers to prayers that I am just now learning about. It has been an encouragement to me to keep affirming others and claiming God's promises - even when I can't always see answers right away. God is awesome.

God is in the business of revealing who He really is through people such as you and me. I choose to continue to explore more about our wonder heavenly Father and to claim that He will keep me from being distracted from His will for my life so His love can be revealed to others in me.

You can have that same growing experience in Jesus. May His peace be with you as well.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: