Friday, July 11, 2008

Progress Report 2


Anyone who has visited us will recognize what has been going on in this picture. There is a short wall between a 'family' room and the 'living' room (beyond the young man). The bathroom door is to the left in the picture. I really like the idea of what it will look like when it is finished. The former door going into the living room was about 10 inches narrower than the opening (where the boy is standing). They were in the process of putting a header where the old wall had been. After that is finished the new door will 'slide' into a 'pocket' in the wall instead of swinging out into the rather 'narrow' place between the doorway and the beginning of the stairs. I had often thought of putting in a built in bookcase in that wall between the two doors but I really like a sliding door instead. The new door has a full glass panel so it won't seem tight in that corner even when closed.
As I mentioned earlier I believe the Lord is showing me places in me that need 'replacing' - in heart. The wonderful thing about the work that needs to be inside of me is that He is the carpenter - a 'finish' carpenter - that knows how to 'do it right'. I highly recommend Him to you to do any work in you that needs to be done to transform you into a 'look alike' to Him.
The friend I have been helping from time to time got her hair 'styled' today. It looked real nice. She has been a professional artist for many years and presently has an 'appointment' to display (and possibly sell) some of her paintings some time next month. After getting her moved we got quite a few of her paintings hung in her place but hadn't gotten all of her paintings unpacked all the way. Today after I brought her to her home from her hair styling appointment I started bringing out more of her works. It was interesting to hear some of the 'background' for some of her paintings. I think two of the ones we looked at today are fast becoming my favorites. One she painted for her father and it is sort of the 'front' of a ship as though it is coming out of a 'mist'. The other one she drew for her mother after her mother had told her of an angel who had come and talked to her in a flower type garden. I really like that one too even though it is not very 'big'.
I need to go for now. May the God of peace fill you full and overflowing with His JOY, PEACE and LOVE.
Bringer of Peace

No comments: