Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On the way home

Well, we got part way home anyway. My son had been up late and I wasn't even sure whether or not we would get started today. After he got up and got something to eat we decided to go ahead and start our homeward journey. Then, after getting most of the way across Indiana, I asked son if he would mind if we stopped at another friend's house near Columbus.

To make a long story short ( and a long trip more enjoyable as well) we decided to stay with the friends for the night. We called home and let them know and then we called our next stop and told them of our change of plans. We will be driving a second vehicle from West Virginia back to the farm for some friends. He has sounded like everytime we delay he is happy for the extra time so I guess we may be making him even happier with this extra stop.

We got here in the dark but maybe I'll get a few pictures when it is daytime. My friend has done a lovely job of decorating in her apartment as well as out. Her blog site is listed to the right - dusty angels - so it has been a real treat to visit in person as well keep in touch by blogs.

Another interesting twist to this trip is that we had two cell phones going almost all of the way thus far. I needed to call my Aunt who had been in the hospital. We had a real nice talk until we lost the signal on my cell phone. Son spent a lot of the trip time talking to his new girl friend. We even used speakerphone with his friend when I wasn't on the other line. It does make for a more interesting trip when you don't just sit and stare at the passing mile posts.

It is getting late for me so will close for now. Until next time, may God's peace be with you.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: