Sunday, July 6, 2008

Progress toward Peaceful surroundings




The Lord has been guiding in some continued improvements. The flower garden near our home has been growing and blooming to keep reminding me that God loves me. Every flower is like an 'I love you' from Jesus.

There are also a couple of pictures of new cabinets in the big farm house kitchen above. This is helping to make the kitchen more 'useable'. I am very grateful for this kind of progress.

There is another kind of progress that I believe is even of more value.

Just before Jesus died He talked with His 'family' of disciples. He told them that He knew they were most loyal to Him. Then He promptly told them that that very night they would completely forget about it. But just because they forgot about it temporarily that didn't change how Jesus viewed them. After the resurrection the angels reminded Peter and the others that they were still Jesus' most loyal 'family'. But when Peter saw Jesus on the shore he had not yet regained assurance in his mind that Jesus hadn't changed His thinking about Peter. Jesus, on the other hand, still believed in Peter's loyalty and as they walked He brought Peter 'back' to a sense, in his own mind, that he really was one of Jesus' most loyal friends. It was Peter who was doing the changing, not Jesus. It was also Peter who could sympathize most with others who had really 'blown it' and would be tempted to believe Satan's lie that they weren't worth anything anymore because of how bad they had been. Jesus never changed His mind about Peter or any of the other loyal disciples, for He was looking on the inside of His disciples and knew what was really going on in their hearts and minds. (Jesus knows what is on the inside of us far more than we may know.)

Judging from external 'evidence' is counterfeit judgment and God has warned us away from that.
Judging from internal evidence, as God does, is genuine judgment and has a proper place.

The above experience has a lot to teach me. Like Peter, I have outwardly seemed and even felt 'disloyal', but God knew my heart. I was accused of things which were like death tipped arrows. I wept and wandered for far too long. But Jesus saw my heart and wouldn't let me 'go'. He knows I love Him. I thank him for that blessed assurance as He has come and 'walked' with me, assuring me that I can still serve Him. Many years ago I dreamed of ministering in a 'family' like setting. I finally basically 'trashed' that dream as impossible, but God has been sharing with me bits and pieces of something so much bigger than just my small dream that I 'stand in awe'.

I believe that the farm where we are presently living, having been dedicated to God's service for well over 50 years, is being prepared for a special ministry to reveal God's love in an active, living, way to those who will pass this way. A high percentage of the funds that purchase the property for ministry will also be used to build a new church structure as a brighter light in this community. Since the new church structure will be next to the farm ministry I believe this will also give the church a place where the church family can do things together. God's dreams and plans are for real.

There is still much to be done to restore the farm and prepare it for active 'service'. God has been sending some help already. I praise Him for those who are still coming as well. I am also thankful for those who are in the process of giving financial assistance. When God works it is not for us to shorten His 'arm' by downplaying what is happening. His word will not return to Him void, but it will prosper in the things where He sends. Praise the Lord.

Yes, there is progress being made here on this farm. And there are hearts and souls being brought back to the realization that God's view of them hasn't changed at all. They may have forgotten who they were in Christ, but Jesus didn't forget them for one moment.

And to anyone who has read this progress report toward Peace let me remind you that wherever you may be, seeing Jesus' picture of who you really are in Him is the most effective means of sharing His love through you to others around you and restoring God's joy in you which is your genuine strength.
Your are special, unique and one of a kind in Christ. No one else can be what God has planned you to be in Him. That is wonderful good news for all of us. Why? Because the One who has begun that good work in you is the same One who will perform it, finish it for the day of Jesus Christ.
Of that we can and are confident.

Bringer of Peace

No comments: