Monday, March 23, 2009

Update for this March

It seems when God plans something 'big', there is an attempt by the opposition to prevent, slow down, or otherwise derail God's plan. What is even more interesting at times is to watch God counteract the counterfeit. Sometimes in the past I have gotten to engrossed in the counterfeit I forget to revel in how God is counter acting.

The present is no exception. We were invited to share about Jesus with some Junior age people the first week in April. I decided to print some materials to share with them that they could take home.
As has usually happened in the past it wasn't long until technical difficulties began. To make a long story short, my printer 'died'. Even a person who has had a lot of experience with printers was not able to 'resurrect' it. A new printer arrived this weekend and we hope to get it running soon.

In the meantime, since our son moved to a house next door that we also have the use of, we decided to use what had been his bedroom as more of an office. There was a desk in the adjoining house that had been left there by a former occupant which seemed to be just the thing for us to use. Once we got things arranged it fit in quite nicely. Some months ago I had attempted to set up an office in the other house (while our son was still 'living' in our place) but it had never really worked out for me to really 'use' the space. Now that we have more room here we are in the process of rearranging things here to utilize the 'office' items.

While all those activities have been going on, I became more aware that in our small place we needed 'focused' lighting in different areas. In short, yesterday we changed a light switch and took down a small wall. The new configuration should, when completed, be very nice.

Since the new printer is here I most likely will get started on that project. We only have a few days left of this month. In the meantime I have also decided to add some wallpaper to my 'new corner'. We just got our camera back from repairs (it sure looks like a new camera to me) so maybe when we are done I'll be able to show progress. Right now everything is messy - as usual when 'remodeling'. Last night we did get up the first piece of wallpaper. I think it is going to look very nice when it is finished.

I do believe the physical changes will help me work more efficiently. But even more important in my life has been as Jesus has been 'transforming' my picture of who He really is and what He is really like. Another blog: http://clayfootsteps.blogspot.com/, has been a real blessing to my soul, (if you haven't already visited there, may I encourage you to at least take a look.)

God's kind of peace, according to what I have been experiencing in my own life, begins in the heart (planted there by God Himself) and is then manifested in one's life. God's kind of joy - knowing that God loves for me to be with Him and that I am special to Him regardless of my picture of me - combined with His peace in my heart because I have chosen to trust, confide, and accept His will for my life, completes the experience that enables me to 'grow up', mature, become more and more like Jesus.

Even when changes come, whether little ones like changing my house around, or bigger ones involving relationships with others, accepting God's kind of peace and joy inside the heart enables each one of us to reveal more to others (testify, witness) more accurately what 'God is love' really means.

May you have just that kind of joy/peace experience with Jesus today.

Bringer of Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this post. It's so true, changes begin on the inside and God's peace and joy are the result of being in a relationship with Him, through Christ.

I hope you're pleased with the results of your little remodeling! It's rather fun changes things around once in a while, gives one's spirits a boost.